This metal brake is plate and weldment steel construction, delivering superior performance and features in a rigid design.
The Synergy Control System is second to none. It is a highly advanced, Windows-based ECS CNC system that takes the complexity out of programming and running parts.
Combining automated bending of angles up to 145 degree, material clamping and material support make the AutoBrake a powerful machine.
The folding beam consists of a thick plate for maximum resistance to bending forces with a machined seat to receive the bending blade.
The SBS Series incorporates a twin motor (Left and Right) direct drive system for the folding beam. This allows the system to be fast and extremely accurate. The twin motor design is capable of bending speeds up to 80 degrees per second. This design also eliminates torque build up commonly found on competitor’s chain drive folders. Torque build on a chain drive design will lead to uneven or “fade out” bends. The “fade out” is especially noticeable, on chain drive machines, when forming radius profiles. The SBS result, straight more even part production. Another advantage to this system is maintenance. Unlike with a chain drive folder, there are no adjustments needed to the SBS drive system.
For maximum hemming capacity, a strong feature of the Tennsmith SBS Series is the center drive of the clamping system. The placement of the motor in the center of the machine maximizes power while reducing torque loss through the drive shaft. The twin support legs of the SBS provide positive resistance to the floor enhancing machine rigidity. The center placement of the clamping motor also benefits the forming of radius profiles. To achieve consistent radial shapes, it is very important to have even clamping pressure. Equal clamping pressure will ensure the part is formed evenly throughout the entire profile.
The SBS Series come standard with crowning system. This crowning system gives owners the most complete adjustment of any standard sheet metal folder on the market today. Gone are the days of shimming your machine to achieve straight bends. The crowning system is easily adjusted and has a scaled face plate that reads 0 to 0.030”. This allows you to adjust your machine the same for a wide variety of materials time and time again. Another benefit of the SBS crowning system is radius profiles. With this set-up you will be able to accurately bend straight perfect radius profiles.
The back gauge for the SBS Series features a twin ball screw design. The system is fast extremely accurate and incorporates 16 solid fingers. All three drive systems of the SBS Series: Folding beam, Clamping Beam and Back-gauge are controlled by frequency inverters, giving the SBS unbeatable accuracy and performance.
The material support panels of the SBS are slotted. This allows the panels to be moved back for the bending of reverse or down flanges within the machine. Just one turn of the support panel knobs allows quick and easy adjustment.
Features & Benefits
- Low-maintenance design ensures fast service, minimum downtime.
- Twin-motor folding beam drive system delivers accuracy and speed—up to 80 degrees per second.
- Center clamping beam drive maximizes power and reduces torque loss.
- Flash memory stores all machine information for fast upgrades and no on-site programming of replacement parts.
- Solid-state electronics minimize maintenance and downtime.
- Touch-screen operation and Windows®-based interface deliver complete operator control.
- Numerous applications include construction, roofing, consumer products, office equipment, appliance manufacturing and a wide range of OEM applications.
SYNERGY CONTROL FEATURES
Synergy is the newest software designed for Tennsmith’s line of powered folding machines. It is a highly advanced CNC system that takes the complexity out of programming and running parts. The full-color, graphical touch screen allows you to store, browse and search for parts, as well as create new parts on the fly.
• Windows 8.1 embedded industry pro.
• Automatic sequencing of the part that is drawn.
• Possibility of saving programs in folders and subfolders.
• 3D Part display.
• Part simulation to verify bends sequence, material handling and collisions.
• A search function is used to make it easier to identify a part.
• Calculates the stretch out of the part.
• Export of programs, library materials and back up to USB stick.
• The actual values of the axis are shown on the display, as well as the motion of the machine in real time.
• There are 3 different hems: Open Closed or Tear Drop.
• Capable of importing DXF files.
• Konstruct offline programming
• Konnect online service and operator assistance.
• Accepts Eagleview® files
With Synergy, you have the option to purchase Konstruct. The Synergy software brings together information from the office-based Konstruct program and the field-based Konstruct Mobile with Tennsmith’s technical support program Konnect.
The Tennsmith SBS control is easy to learn and easy to use. Even the most inexperienced operator can be trained to produce complex parts in minutes using the SBS system. While the SBS control is simple to use, it offers every tool necessary for producing the most accurate and complex parts of any light gauge folder on the market today.